Sunday, May 22, 2011

When the walls come crumbling down

That title of my blog is a John Mellencamp song, he was a real jerk at a concert during a meet and greet, just not friendly at all....but I guess he doesn't have to be. big Shot, now he's with Meg Ryan , and she needs to be with someone sweet and lovable, like John Stamos or someone.

Now, lets talk about mental exhaustion. How it happens, why it happens. and where you go next. I started crumbling today when I finally took a look at my pile of mail from the past three weeks. The bills, the kids paper work for summer jobs, insurance, their bank accounts, phone bills, graduation, cap and gowns, my work schedule, my WORK-out schedule. my empty refrigerator...you know how it is, and then my head and heart start pounding, then I get all emotional..and crumble.

So, I open one envelope at a time, sort them out, put them in piles. Think of our trip to Florida this summer, and then ask myself...are you going to rob a bank or what? After hitting everything HEAD ON today, the walls started to build back up again,  I have learned that tomorrow is another day, things will get better. ( In most cases) keep your faith first..and don't hold back when you're having a bad day because it will only make you feel worse.

thank you Becky for being there today.  Thank you heather , Debbie and Kim for the weekend and new friends I have made AGAIN! Thank you to my husband who left for work today and said, "do me a favor, don't do ANYTHING today" Thank you Eric for cleaning your room. FINALLY. Thank you katie for some good conversations between last night and today. My kids "get-me" at least I think they do. And to my friends at Sunshine Wellness Resources. I am BLESSED from very minute I walk in there with the greatest staff and workout buddies. I love you all. Looking forward to a challenging week with team two more...we have 2 and half weeks remaining.

I have my baby graduating high school in 17 days, I am starting to get teary eyed and crumble for the second time today...this is why I blog and bite my lip. Overjoyed by what I have been given, this is includes my challenges too. All Five of our children mean everything to me.

xo
j

No comments:

Post a Comment