Wednesday, May 18, 2011

My Dad.

Dan Kelly
gary Laubach and dad
My dad is pretty amazing. Sorry, I have to brag, I have to boast.  Was he strict? Oh hell yes, ask any one of my boyfriends in the past. This blog this evening is dedicate to the man that I looked up to, the one that It always mattered to me what he thought. The one that worried about me constantly. The one who would make me laugh so hard sometimes I would get pains in the stomach. That man that no matter how busy he was he never missed a track meet, a cross country meet, he went to my  brothers every baseball, football, and basketball games. He was the only man that mattered to me.

Scott and Pat
Tonight I learned so much from his friends, past and present EMT's, the Mayor, kids he mentored, peoples whose lives he changed , just by saving the lives of others.

<>
Dad AND MY BROTHER
I learned that he took up over 30 years of his time to dedicate to others no matter what they needed, he would just ask, how soon. No problem is ever too big. My dad is like the band-aid for everyone. And no matter how big the cut is, he will make sure it is healed within time. If I ever have a problem that my dad cant fix, Im in trouble.

JOHNNY AND DAD
Tonight was perfect. I know my dad was very proud to hear every story, receive numerous plaques, awards , and hugs, and handshakes.

<>
LT. STINE AND DAD
My dad is my hero, kind and gentle, always doing whatever he can for others, but I already knew that.
Firefighter, EMT, EMS, involved in his church, community, works for a funeral home, retired from the Army, Cancer survivor, absolutely awesome.

I love you dad. The coolest thing was to hear my own son say to MY dad, "I'm proud of you pop"

Thank you to EVERYONE who was there tonight.


No comments:

Post a Comment