Monday, May 30, 2011

"dating"

It felt like a few years ago...It felt like a date, and I felt like a school girl, when kids are flying in every direction and both of our jobs so very busy. We take every little chance we get to have a date.

This morning we slept til 8am, (after that neighborhood block party) had a nice breakfast together and some coffee in bed, then some cleaning up from last night, watering the garden, pack a lunch and off to Kayak at blue Marsh, I thought for sure it would be packed. Nope, so we watched kids jump off the bridge (thankful they weren't ours) and then watched a kid climb a tree and jump from the top of it, my heart was RACING for these kids.  We relaxed, talked, laughed, slept and yes even paddled. It was beautiful.  FOUR quiet, peaceful hours.

Next stop, we were looking for a COLD beer after that, stopped at the Reading Airport, but they weren't open, (the bar that is) so a cold bottle of water worked instead!!

To top off the night, just got home from IMAX theaters and laughed out loud more than once at THE HANGOVER 2, I highly recommend it.

That was such a great day, my date is over, and I actually get to stay the night with my date where as in high school your dates would always have to end and you go your separate ways.....some days I wonder if I will ever grow up.  Nah, my kids ask me all the time. I like me, just the way I am .
And I love my best friend and husband. I nailed the perfect mate. (no pun intended)

And now.....let the fun begin......Graduate # 1 Its going to be a busy 2 weeks.  I really needed today.

And last, bless our soldiers and heroes .  May the rest in peace and never be forgotten.  Thank you for Everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment