Sunday, May 15, 2011

We've only just begun:)

As I sit and write this, don't think for one minute I don't have tears in my eyes. I had one of the greatest weekends in my life.
The Special Olympians of Berks County have taught me so very much. I made great friends, We would get together every Tuesday and plan for the celebrity softball game. We would talk of the great day it would be. indeed it was a success. But now, the weekend must end.

I am not one to sit around and watch the world pass me by, I get more out of giving than receiving, I love to see the smiles on peoples faces when they are rewarded with things they are so deserving of.

Today was the  Reading Express game, if it were not for them asking me to be an Honorary member and choose a charity, none of these great things would be happening.  Ted and Lisa Lavender and their staff and team are first class individuals with every thing they are involved with in this community. Jess, Brenda, Jen, you are all awesome. The Cartwheel, round off and Straddle will have me bed ridden for the next 24 hours.


Jess Gave HER gold Medals to US!
 To my Berks County special Olympic athletes, family and friends, this is just the beginning, I promise this is not good-bye or a see ya later,or, I have other things to do. You won my heart, our friendship lasts forever. we are going to stick together, we are going to continue having fun and making people more aware of what the program is all about.

Patricks smile is PRICELESS!
 I took the day off tomorrow.....I'm cleaning out my closet, going to sunshine wellness, and gearing up for another week! Enjoy, be safe and smile at someone, it really does make them smile back!!! No matter how bad they feel.

xo
j

No comments:

Post a Comment