Monday, May 30, 2011

Block Party 2011

It was our first annual block party...and it was fun, let me say the "older neighbors" proved me WRONG...the ones that I thought would be ready for the night to end at 7:30, ended up staying until 10:30. Its always nice to feel as though you can count on your neighbors for anything.  I have truly found a superb neighborhood of great folks.  Did I mention I am the youngest. (unless we count Laura)

At times there are neighbors we just wave hello and goodbye to, or see what kind of car they drive, or what the secret to their perfect lawn is, Not in this neighborhood, its perfect just the way it is. We bonded a bit more yesterday afternoon, played games, talked about our kids, were entertained by Mr.Fisher.....there is always one in the bunch.

Its nice to feel safe, cared for, and loved by thy neighbor. Its not Wisteria Lane by any stretch, but we have a real nice group of neighbors who are also friends. To laugh with, smile at, count on when you need them for a cup of sugar, an egg, (barbara and Donnie) a swimming pool (billie and Randy) Kayak ( Lori and bob) help with paper work for your college bound student (laura and Linda)  answers to ANY question imaginable(bill) a Wheelbarrow (Joan and Ralph) a good joke (Mr. Fisher)  and then there are neighbors I am saving up favors for....Lynn and Mike, your time will come!

So, I go in a little late to blog last night, today we remember our soldiers and pray for peace on this memorial day, whatever it is you do today, make time to pause, reflect and pray for our heroes.

Lovey and I are going to the Lake today to Kayak, should be a very calming, relaxing time, unless we "rock the boat" .

xo
j

No comments:

Post a Comment