Saturday, May 28, 2011

Enjoying your weekend?

I must say today was a beautiful day , the breeze was a constant reminder to me of the tornadoes, earthquakes, and hurricanes the rest of the world has been dealing with, some friends having destroyed property less that 40 minutes away in Schuylkill County.  We hear the stories, see the photos, and watch the news, and we constantly say, "what's next?"

It's out of our hands, and at any given moment life can change. I have slowly started to learn how precious life is, tell your neighbors what they mean, reach out to a stranger in need, try and mend with your enemy. And tell your kids you love them even when you are ready to snap your lid. Trust me, it happens often.. I'm going to text mine right now.

Lovey and I picked out some onions, peppers, a watermelon, tomatoes and cucumbers and made ourselves a nice little garden. He even put a fence around it to make sure our bunny friends don't start taking advantage of us.

From there, a great little run on my river road....I can see for miles on that stretch. Its perfect.

Made my share of goodies tonight, black bottom cupcakes, (you know the ones with chocolate chips and cream cheese. ) some buffalo chicken win dip, and pasta salad. We are having our neighborhood block party tomorrow...love my neighbors, there will be about 20 of us if everyone comes. We all bring a little something :)

so far, so good....still waiting for that text back from my teenagers.

xo
j

No comments:

Post a Comment