Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Shared Custody

Good Morning!

I know this sounds a little crazy, however my x-husband.(I hate using X as much as I HATE saying Step, for step children) anyway, my first husband and I , (that just does not sound right either) The father of my children and I share custody of our lovely border collie Bo who I adopted from the Hillside SPCA in Pottsville. He has such a great personality, he is more human than most individuals that I have come across. He loves being with both of us, he enjoys being where the kids are. So, we share custody of Bo.

Mind you , this is the second time this has happened  and I am grateful it wasn't 30 below or pouring down rain, but at about 3am my husband and I heard something at the door, it woke me up, it wasn't a bark, or a knock, but it was SOMETHING at the door. My heart was pounding because I feared after all these years in radio someone would get really pissed off at me for not playing their 1 year anniversary request and come and hunt me down. Lovey, (my superhero with superpowers) shot up out of bed, gathered his thoughts with no fears, and headed towards the door, turned on the light, and said , "it's Bo" opened the door and there Bo ran under the bed and off to sleep. Glenn and I live literally one mile away from one another.

Now, I just need to know, when your dog takes off do you:

A.  GO to sleep
B.   Drive around until you find him/her
C.   hope they are meeting new friends in the neighborhood.

Bo is like my child. We go for walks, I talk he listens, we watch movies together, I share my chicken with him, he greets me when I come home, we snuggle.

I might have to re-think this shared custody thing.....If only Bo could speak.

xo
j

1 comment:

  1. Jackie, in this case I would pick either A or C. Dogs don't, and can't think like humans; let alone try to think like a male human or female human. Would you really want Glenn to call you at 3:00 AM every time he thinks that the dog may have gone AWOL? Do you know where the dog is every second that he is "in your custody". I truly see your concern here but this is not worth ruining your relationship. I hope that I have been of assistance and you are welcome to ask my professional opinion on other topics. NO CHARGE!

    ReplyDelete