Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Thou shall be tempted

Tempted by the fruit of another....ah yes, Holy week continues and my prayers get stronger while my Willpower gets weaker.


OUR LUNCH ROOM AT WORK
It's amazing how our brain reacts to food, the opposite sex, and yes even alcohol. They are called addictions. The harm caused by addiction is particularly difficult to recognize when the addiction is the person’s main way of coping with the other problems they have.  Is one addiction better than another? Sex, Smoking, Drinking, gambling, shopping, cleaning.....EXERCISING...(I like that one) An addict is an addict no matter what.
Can they get help? Sure, just like I can stop thinking of what it would be like to be 20 years younger, 20 pounds lighter and have the 20 year old hard body working out in front of me.

Look, we can be leaders or followers. I was always a leader. Others peoples addictions didn't bother me. I didn't care what everyone else did. So go motivate someone to be a leader. I have addictions...we all do. We are human.  Just watch what you replace those addictions with, example. I shoved an apple in my mouth when all the desserts arrived today.

Enjoy your day, we are getting closer to the BIG day.
xo
j

No comments:

Post a Comment