Sunday, April 3, 2011

how to know you are getting old

You plan a birthday party with your two best friends from childhood. Debbie is now 43.

You can never have too many friends, but best friends, the one who know you better than anyone from Kindergarten all the way up....they are the BEST. We never lose touch. ever. They know my secrets.

We are certainly getting older.

Years ago, a birthday celebration would consist of an ALL NIGHTER. Dancing, shots, karaoke.
(last night we went to bed by 10:30pm)

We stayed at heather and Steve's home in the Poconos, it is BEAUTIFUL, many more trips back there!

We went to Wegmans....I was never there before!

We came home, I cooked a pasta favorite with shrimp, chicken, capers, (debbie never ate them before, she doesn't know they are really frog eyes) olive oil, tomatoes, and broccoli and fresh garlic. mmmmmm

Heather and debbie drank wine, I had my mix of whipped vodka and cranberry. yummy!

Afterwards, we watched my wedding video, I cried...alot. I am so blessed to have such a loving husband. I cried when I watched my dance with my son. (I'm crying now too) I laughed at dancing with my dad, watching my mom dance, watching the kids and their actions during the ceremony, I laughed til I cried watching debbie sing YOU RAISE ME UP while john and his mom danced. It was perfect.

We laughed at stories about our children, we talked about how truly thankful we are for the health of our children and how we were raised. We listened to each others daily struggles. and drank a little more.

We went to bed at 10:30, debbie insisted on telling me a ghost story and I woke up in the middle of the night hearing noises. Yes, we are getting older. Be we always have each other forever. We called on our kids, checked on our husbands, and woke up at 7am.  From there, we had coffee, did Heathers insanity workout, HEATHER IS SO FIT.....she;s my idol! I ended up ALMOST finishing the damn video....two minutes left and I started feeling sick, really sick, then I cried. AGAIN!

I drank some water, ate a bagel. and it was 10:30....there sat debbie pouring a class of wine. AT 10:30 in the morning! whatever, its her birthday. and we had a blast. I like getting older. I love having my best friends. and I cant wait for another celebration to take place. no matter what, we have each other and we always will.

Girls, I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment