Tuesday, April 12, 2011

CHECK LIST

I will be the  first person to say I'm NOT perfect, I have had my share of stupid choices I made, I have had a difficult time with the way some things in my  life have gone down. But the one thing I put first is my faith. Sometimes its really difficult when you read the newspaper, or watch the news and hear of all the heartache. You hear "Everything happens for a reason" or the famous line of "God will only give you what you can handle" or What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger" you hear of your family and friends health scares. Tragic Accidents. war, family feuds, etc

A couple things you just don't touch as a radio host. Number one is Politics. Number 2 is Religion.

I'm not preaching, I'm just telling you that without a little faith, you have to be pretty empty. First thing in the morning when I drive to work,  I have a check list.

1.  Pack my apple, yogurt and banana
2. check  my gas tank ( I'm usually on E)
3.  text Scott (morning show host)
4.  embrace the wheel for dear life and Thank God for another day. I include the safety of my children, my husband, and my family.
5. park in the lot at work in the City
6. Make sure the can of mace is pointed in the proper direction in the case of an attack.
7. look around me, run in the building and turn off the alarm.

Everyone needs a check list, everyone needs priorities. Put JC on your check list. Going to Church every Saturday or Sunday does not make you a saint, not even close. There is no ladder to climb to get you closer to your savior. But you need faith on your check list....and then forgiveness.

I truly believe I have the best life right now, there are so many ups and downs with my teenagers, so much stress, and anxiety...my favorite line from my 16 year old son the other night at supper was "why are you so paranoid" ARE YOU KIDDING ME????? backed up by my 18 year old  daughter laughing at his question!
So , I answered with the best educated answer I could come up with as the parent of teenagers. "DUH" that was it, that ended that. There are going to be many challenges before they are adults, but no matter what those difficult challenges will be coated with faith. No matter what I will love them for life....unconditionally.

I am just hoping as adults their checklist will include "check-in with mom"


                                                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment