Sunday, April 17, 2011

Palm Sunday

We got our palms last night at Holy Guardian Angels, so I could sleep in just a little while longer, coffee and multi-grain Cheerios with a banana. Perfect while I get bathing suit body ready. The weather worked in my favor as I left the house, my first visual note was the beauty of the tulips in my front yard. Then to crank up my music, I was In a bit of an eminem mood as usual, and wanted to study the sounds of one Wiz Khalifa that all the kids listen to. Next visual note on my run as the beat picked up was how high the river was and the way the flow was increasing all the way down the road.....as I was jamming to Black and Yellow...The Wiz song, I was trying to pay attention to the road because of all of the sticks that had fallen last night with the tornado watch. I though I was paying attention when out of no where my ankle decided it was time to twist. I caught myself, but it was one of those things where you know you are ready to WIPEOUT and you look insane trying to prevent it, I heard cars coming behind me and in front of me....but I kept focused and would not let my hands or knees touch the ground. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

Came home, had lunch. Did laundry, watched a lifetime movie, cleaned out the fireplace, and found Howard Sterns book from 1995 which I started to read....

Tonight its a mini-date night with Loveypants. Mini-date means there are no kids here this evening, I may have a beverage, we will go for a walk, and we will do what we do best....enjoy every minute. He's the greatest. And...as I tell my parents..."I've never been so happy" honest.

Lets all have a blesssed week going into Holy Week , lets remember the cross he carried.

No comments:

Post a Comment