Friday, April 22, 2011

GOOD FRIDAY

I feel as though I have been "preaching" alot lately. So, today I won't, however I WILL say he certainly does work in mysterious ways.

We connect with people who know someone else, who know someone else and so on and so forth. It has been a tremendous week of not just giving back but seeing others pay forward.

This Morning on the show Breyer Construction ran a contest with us and we actually gave someone a brand new deck, chairs, some free landscaping and lawn care,  a brand new grill,a visa gift card, and a barb-b-Que for 30 people. Just awesome, turns out the woman who won has cancer for the fourth time. Can you imagine? When I was off the air, there stood Dee-Dee in our office....It was great to meet her, but even greater to hear her story of being so brave and looking so healthy. 
She said she entered the contest for her husband who is a truck driver and has taken up alot of his time as "Nurse" He was so surprised! I asked Dee-Dee some questions because I really like to meet new people and hear their stories. She said, "every morning I wake up and look in the mirror and say, CANCER you are NOT going to win" She said, one day she hopes to look in the mirror and hear the words "Alright "bit*h, you win!"
She has a good heart and a great outlook on life.

A few weeks ago we had the Holly Heilman cancer fund in our studio (Heidi) to talk about the great things they do in Berks county for folks who have trouble paying their Doctor bills while undergoing treatment and beyond. They contacted Dee-Dee after reading her story on our web page at www.wrfy.com  I just find it so rewarding to connect all different kinds of people. 

Have a great Easter Weekend. Tonight my parents are coming for dinner and we all head to church this evening...a very humbling service.

No comments:

Post a Comment