Wednesday, March 30, 2011

What's Up Doc?!

Well today is National Doctors Day and take it from someone who worries about every bump, bruise, cough and pain, I have met with Many a doctor!
Men and Women in white coats make me dizzy, I do not like the smell of a hospital, and a doctors appointment for a simple check-up puts me in a world of anxiety that you could never imagine.

I have been blessed with good health, at least I think so, except for my little scare with an abnormal mammogram last year. THANK GOD for Dr Brown, walked me through every little step. So Dr. Brown today is just for YOU. I'm sure my friend Cindy Castner would say the EXACT same thing.
I also have to send a special thank you out to the great doctors that took part in the First Annual GET YOUR REAR IN GEAR event last night at Classic Harley Davidson. All about colon cancer, survivors, doctors, nurses, employees of the Doctors office, folks from the Am. Cancer society and individuals who just wanted more information.

There were a panel of folks including a colon cancer survivor. Ruth. She is awesome!

Ruth. A Colon Cancer Survivor

The other Doctors who spoke out last evening :


Dr Frank Carter:  from Colorectal Surgical Associates. (cute as a button) went to college with Katie Couric! spoke of the surgical procedures

Dr Paul Levy:   spoke of Prevention and screening (I was able to understand everything! NO BIG WORDS)

Dr John Altomere :  great guy with a very cool attitude, these are the caring hands I would want to be in. spoke of signs, symptoms, and diagnosis

Dr. Lee Tuanquin (doogie houser) He is a radiation Oncologist  at St Joe's  He certainly made you feel as though there is plenty of GOOD help out there, its learning about every little thing you can. Plus he laughed at my silly jokes when I spoke, so I give him 5 stars.

And in closing my new friend Ruth Dierolf made me understand how your faith, your friends, your family and your physician's are ALL key players in the game of life. The strength this woman shows the world and her ability to GIVE BACK is what its all about :)






No comments:

Post a Comment