Tuesday, March 8, 2011

FAT Tuesday

It's not a celebration like your birthday, or Easter or Christmas. Shrove Tuesday, Fasnacht day, Doughnut day.

Growing up it was like a treat when I would come home from school, there were the doughnuts from Dunkin doughnuts on the table, all different kinds, chocolate iced are my favorite.

Today...things are a just a little different  for me, as most of us remember today is also the the day preceding Ash Wednesday, the first day of the season of fasting and prayer called Lent.  Imagine if you will fasting for 40 days and being tempted by the devil. Are you kidding me? 40 days. The devil AND fasting. deadly combination.

So, lets see what will I "give-up" for the next 40 days? It wont be food, television, or holding back on the curse words, it wont be giving up coffee, beer, or vodka. What is your "vice?"

I am going to give up nothing and give everything. try it sometime. Its more than the "holding back" or "talking bad about thy neighbor"...Billy Joel had the right idea with an awesome song...."Keepin the Faith"
George Michael sang "You gotta have Faith."  I am not going all GODLY on you here this morning...just giving you a little taste of my Faith.

FAT TUESDAY
FASNACHT TUESDAY
FORTY DAYs of FAITH how about that....I dare you.

Feed your faith and your fears will starve to death.  ~Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment