Friday, March 25, 2011

I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME

Ever since I was a little girl I would use my hairbrush as a makeshift microphone, stand on my bed, look in the mirror and sing songs from my Mickey Mouse record player. At some point I knew the Entertainment bug that bit me was never going to heal with a band-aid.  I dreamed of being ANNIE, I would sing "It's the hard knock life" at the top of my lungs. And then came my Shawn Cassidy fasination, I wanted to live with the Brady Bunch and visit the Cunninghams on Happy Days.  Instead my life in Pottsville led me down to Centre St and WPPA.

I could escape to any kind of music I wanted to, rock, country, soul, pop, and I now had my own microphone. A real one , I could sing loud and no one would care, I could dance if I wanted to, and no matter how sad I was, or mad, I could turn that microphone on and make everyone around me happy, you could hear my smile and feel the energy. That's what its all about. That's what music does for me. I love, love, love listening to Billy Joel and The Eagles. I love my Michael Buble and Harry Connick, Frank Sinatra, I miss you. And PINK you rock my world especially when I am really having a bad day.

I thank God EVERYDAY for the talent he has given me, for my voice which has been selected and voted upon for a phone sex operator ( I declined) I know whats on the other end of that phone....EW. I thank God for the ability to brighten someones day with a song...it can make the biggest difference, I love watching people sing in the car, I love to answer the phone and play the song that will turn someones day around.




I got the music in me, I always have. Try it. And dance while you're at it, its a good combination.

enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment