Tuesday, March 22, 2011

UNEXPECTED TEARDROPS

Yesterday I was coming home from the mall and in front of me was a school bus. I sat at the stop sign in our neighborhood and watched the 6, 7, and 8 year olds run off of the bus. I took notice to their smiles, their little feet running to greet their parents and the only worry they had on their minds is what the after school snack will be.



I sat in my car with tears coming down my cheeks wishing I could go back to when my two were so innocent. Am I losing my mind? Or is this normal? I can still hear people reminding me how quickly these years go by. I'm not saying I want another little one around....I'm simply saying that the years go by so quickly and before you know it they are turning 17 and 19 this year. I can't believe it.

When I offer to tell this story to Katie and Eric they don't quite get it just yet. I grab every hug I can, I still sit at the window when I know they will be coming home from school. Occasionally I will make them a special after school snack. Today I am going to surprise them with Blueberry Muffins. They will look at me like I'm crazy half the time. But I know in time they too will have families of their own and someday they will "get it"

I didn't expect those little tears yesterday, but seeing Katie and Eric grow into Healthy, Happy young adults I suppose its worth tears of happiness.  I just miss picking them up, and having them around me all of the time.

K&E...May you always be reminded of the unconditional love from my heart forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment