Thursday, March 17, 2011

Luck or a blessing ?

An Old Irish Blessing
May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
and rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.


Happy St Patricks Day Everyone. Although all of us are not Irish, we celebrate with you ! I admire your ability to be Lucky and have the charm of sliding down rainbows while scoring your pot of Gold.

With my job I meet alot of different people on many different occasions....yesterday at a live remote broadcast it was the young man whose wife had suddenly passed away with a heart defect at the young age of 38, cleary he was heartbroken, and just needed to talk. 2 days ago a friend of mine started her email with :
"got the results of my cat scan today, the good news is the tumor in my abdomen is now the size of the pea, and the tumor on the outside of my lung has disappeared, the bad news is it shows 3 new spots on my  liver that are presumed to be cancer, as they show up as HOT SPOTS on the PET scan"
As I went on to read the story I was amazed by the positive attitude my friend had taken, she said she will continue to trust rather than question. No asking God "why me" or "how much longer"  Jane, you will get through this.

There is the co-worker whose mom has survived breast cancer and has one lung, as of now she is in the hospital recovering from a blot clot that formed above her knee to her abdomen, within hours she could;ve died. There is a reason for her many blessings.

One of my very best friends has found yet another lump on her breast. However it turns out to be a cyst.

We all know someone, we all have had many a story to tell...and we all count our blessings..Irish or not.

They may call themselves lucky, but they are all truly blessed. Never question Gods timing, there is a reason for everything.  Trust rather than question. Its so easy for me to say that now. Let these people be our examples of how to shine light on the dark.

Have a blessed day :) Irish or night, share your BLESSINGS...its not luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment