Thursday, March 24, 2011

THE PINK COMB

Today's blog comes very natural....as does all of the thoughts that seem to overflow from my mind on a daily basis, (there is alot going on in my brain)

Anyway, we all start the day with a different routine, mine starts with a pink comb and If I can't find my pink comb I wont leave the house, this morning I could not find my pink comb. It's really Granny's pink comb.


Granny's comb
   For the past five years you have to understand there has been a major loss in my heart. The passing of "Granny", anyone who knows me, knows the relationship I had with Granny. When she passed away she took a tiny piece of my heart, but she left me with her feisty attitude and yes, headstrong decisions. She had a certain way about her, whatever was on her mind, was also on the tip of her tongue, and she never held back what she wanted to say and you always knew just how she felt, even if you didn't want to hear it, she would let you know.

When I use that pink comb, I think of her everyday, her smile, the way we would listen to Neil Diamond and Barry Mannilow, We would watch  Magnum PI and JAG , all of the sleepovers at her house, our shopping trips, long walks, when I got my license at 16 we would always go on road trips and I would ALWAYS get lost, we laughed so much , I would crack her up so bad she would have tears in her eyes. She hugged me more than anyone in my life and ALWAYS reminded me how loved I was.  Granny never got her license, never got re-married after my Pappy died, she was a widow for 30 years. She was my "go-to girl" when my mom and dad said "no" Granny always said "sure"  She would always say, "When I die, you'll miss me" but you see, I never thought there would be a life without Granny.  I have her nose. I can be stubborn, I can have a temper, I am strong-willed, I am determined, all of these just like Granny.  I have a Pink Comb and every morning when I run it through my hair I can still hear her telling me everything will work out. No matter what my problem was, big or small. She would always make it better.

I found the Pink Comb under my towel, but when I could not find it my heart started racing and I almost woke the entire house up. Thanks Granny...I know you're still around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment