Friday, March 4, 2011

GAY, GLEE, GRACIOUS and GRATEFUL

About 8 years ago when I was on the radio I was talking about the weather forecast when I referred to Glenn "Hurricane" Shwartz from NBC-10  as a "fag" I meant absolutely NOTHING by this, it was his bow-tie selection that had me uncomfortable.. Until I thought about "SLANDER" and I until I got an email from a listener who said they had already contacted  Hurricane Shwartz to let him know I was a HOMOPHOBE. seriously me???  So, as it turned out I had to write the weatherman a letter of apology.

I have a ton of GAY friends and guess what.....I love them all. I do not treat them any differently, I do not enjoy them having a "gay" category. I do not like how they are judged. I love them for who they are, what I have learned from them.

I cannot stand the person that judges my Gay friends. They are human, they are fun, they are loving. They have jobs, children, and a future to make a difference in this world. Their every idea matters. They let nothing get in their way.  They are my friends.

When my husband met my gay friends....he loved them from the minute he met them, all of them. It makes me love him more.

At the end of the rainbow there lies a pot of gold for EVERYONE, EVERY RACE, EVERY RELIGION, climb the rainbow.....slide down, climb back up, make it part of your routine. learn to EMBRACE everyone, they are my friends and  I love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment