Sunday, March 6, 2011

RAIN RUN OR REST ?

As I continue my extended weekend I had something special planned for today with my friend Kim H. And Beth F. I was mentally prepared to run a 5K race this morning. I guess I should add physically prepared as well.

7am- woke up no rain, birds singing

7:25 I text kim and tell her its warm, no rain, come on up.
7:28 Kim says " raining in Morgantown, check your radar"
7:29 checking radar ( see a lot of GREEN)

Fall back to sleep

8:03 Beth F texts me "decisions, decisions, we'll see"
8:15 The heavens have opened up.
8:41 cup of coffee and raining cats and dogs.
8:43 Beth texts me and says "big no"
I like to run, really I do. The rain and rest win today over a run.

The Shiver by the River begins at 11am . Maybe the run will be cancelled. Its a simple 3.2 miles. I was ready.


Maybe if Noah text messages me and says "The Arc is in front of your house,let's GO..."
Maybe we will exit two by two from our homestead.

I see this as another sign to continue my weekend of rest.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment