Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The Night Before

I warned you on Sunday this is Doctor week for me, Tomorrow is the worst...my WORST fear, I fear this Doctor more than a colonoscopy in 8 more years.

I have a stupid dentist appointment. Now Understand this is just a cleaning and check-up, the thing is, I DON'T like when I am poked in my mouth, my gums or my oh so sensitive teeth.  You see when I was younger my parents took me to a dentist, you know the one.....the one that has been the family friend, lives a few blocks away,and goes to the same church. The one that refuses to give any Novocaine. That's right, I can close my eyes, say DRILL and feel it.

When I moved out of Pottsville away from Dr. Fellows...I found a nice dentist. And then my root canals began. It was then I realized  perhaps it just wasn't Dr Fellows. It is ANY Dentist. After 2 root canals that had gone bad and had to have them re-done again by an oral surgeon, I then had a cavity on my FRONT tooth which had to DRILLED , with a white filling of course. As years went by it started bothering  me and I wanted veneers....they had to SAW them down to the ROOT, I could feel the air hit them and I screamed. really, I did.

Currently I have a crack in the back of one of my veneers. I don't want anyone touching them, cleaning them, jabbing at them. I suppose the alternative is false teeth, I cant have that.

I love my smile. However when its time to sit in the lovey Dr Gurskis chair tomorrow I will get sick, have to go the bathroom, begin sweating and move around in the chair like a five year old.

Honestly giving birth was less stressful and easier on me.

I'm going to brush my pearly whites stained with thousands of cups of coffee.

xo
j

No comments:

Post a Comment