Monday, June 6, 2011

Emotional Rescue

What I am about to type is either going to flow freely or I will be that choked up I will have to stop a few times.

Graduation time has come upon us and for anyone who has ever had their child graduate or who will in the near future then I know we have such a common bond.

None of this hit me until 6:30am this morning when I was on the air, all of a sudden when Katie text me, I realized it was her last full day of high school...Thank God for such an awesome co-worker as Scott who helped me turn my tears into laughter. He's good like that. We are such a great balance together.

I am writing this freely for Katie my Graduate of 2011


We wonder how long til her first step
When will she say  "Mommy"
Will her hair be curly?
how about a lefty like me?

I cant wait til she starts school
Does she like to read or draw                                                
Perhaps she will sing or dance
Play the piano, study law?

The dreams we have as parents
its like molding the perfect creature
UNTIL they know it ALL...... Everything
They believe THEY are the teacher.

I can't wait until she gets her liscence
running here, going there, she has no clue
I would make time stand still right now
for the driving age to be 22.

I cannot wait until she graduates and moves on
Did I ever say that? I honestly didn't mean it
I meant I want every little thing to be right
and her magical beautiful glass slipper to fit.

As you enter the real world,
you will see real and fake
there is selfish and giving
the Journey is that of what you make

I cannot wait to see you succeed in life
to calm the storms, to cool the heat,
you have the treasured worldly tools
standing oh so strong on your feet

My love for life I give to you
its abundant, Forever and free
take it where ever you go with you smile
someday you will understand me.

Your smile lights up my everyday
You are a mighty strong young lady.
I am so proud of  what you have become
best of everything to you my Katie.

xo
j

Good night everyone








.

No comments:

Post a Comment