Monday, August 29, 2011

Earthquakes, Hurricanes, and back to school... oh my!

The month of August was hands down a month to go down in history for most of us. We  ( you) experienced a bit of Shake, Rattle and Roll. I didnt. I was on the deck with my dogs...my daughter came out yelling , "did you feel that?"  "Feel what, Katie?" At this point she realizes I am truly not all together there. I rarely miss a thing, let alone an earthquake. I dont miss when my kids are a minute late, I never miss one of their tear drops, their fears, or their concerns. An earthquake is minor to what I see and feel with my kids.

A hurricane....the thought of much needed rain was a blessing, the wind, the damage, the flooding, not so much. It has been scary to say the least, we are experiencing well....the unexpected. We are however getting through the storm, whether its your own personal battles or that of someone else that you may be carrying around...you somehow get through all of the elements. But you'll never have to be alone.

Back to school! One of my Bff's sends her twins off to kindergarden today, she is a mess. I send my senior off for his last year of high school. I am a mess. If I start typing about Eric I am going to cry. Instead I will pray he has the best year of his high school days. I hope he walk tall, and knows that no matter what. I will be his biggest cheerleader..( not the kind he likes either) the one that will yell and scream when he knows he can do better, the one that will stand up and yell, "way to go eric!" at his soccer and basketball games louder than anyone else..the one that will continue to cheer when I know he can study a little more, the one that will always be there. Eric, I love you. I know he doesnt read this. But again, my blog bleeds from my heart.

To Eric and Alex my favorite seniors of 2012, this is it. Make us proud. Shine on...and on.

 First day of Senior year Eric :)

No comments:

Post a Comment