Saturday, February 26, 2011

Shooting, Stabbing, Theft

Happy Weekend Friends. The title of today's blog is almost the same as that unforgettable game we used to play and is still played when we decide who is going to unload the dishwasher, take the dogs out, or clean the bathroom.  ROCK, PAPER, SCISSORS. Do you play? 

Shooting, Stabbing, Theft, is the game I play on my way to work everyday as I roll into the city of Reading at an early morning hour, to some it may seem like the middle of the night, you never really get used to it.  At any rate, I come to a few red lights in the city and (please don't tell our city's finest)I roll right through the light making sure no other cars are around to cause an accident. Only because I fear the SHOOTING, STABBING, THEFT game may be on the horizon.

I get to work, I park the vehicle and get out of my car, phone in hand, no money in my purse and trying to remember every little detail of my kickboxing classes years ago. Roundhouse kick to the head, elbow to the nose, kick in the groin, etc. Mind you, my husband carries a gun and a badge. I have asked him for mace, (he knows I would accidentally spray it in my own eyes) I have asked to "pack heat" but I'm not allowed to have any firearms at work, and I have asked my boss for a security guard, but that didn't go over so well.

Don't you think its fair to say the city just isn't safe? OF COURSE. Play the game Shooting, Stabbing, theft and lets take a look at tomorrows headlines. Its not like Pottsville where I could leave my keys in the car and my doors and windows open, granted my husband has made me a member of the "safety club" and I try not to fear the dirt bags that are taking over the city. Once they smell fear, you're doomed. Just like a dog.

So, I continue to take pride in the GOOD things in the city, the concerts, the dining, the shopping....etc. Do not let them win. We were here first.

And.....Scott St. John , thank you for waiting in the lot every morning until I get there. I'm off to the shooting range. It's never to late to learn how to pull the trigger, although I prefer Wonderwoman, all she had to do was click her bracelets together.

Have a great day.

2 comments:

  1. I had no idea people realy feel like this. It would be nice if we could make you feel safe all the time........its really safer than u imagine. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackie, this is so sad commentary on what is going on in our city. Was at F&M last night and there was an emergency button on every corner. Warnings and emergency numbers posted on every mirror in the men's room. Do we all need to carry alert buttons (or mace) at the ready? When did we lose our respect for others?

    ReplyDelete