Friday, February 25, 2011

Happy Pill, Counciling or Give-up?

Happy Friday...."happy" is an adjective used to describe how you may feel after using a substitute to ease the pain or clear your mind , for instance, Zoloft, (tried it)  alcohol, (used to need a glass every night)  and "pretending" have all been my substitutes.  Please don't tell me you have never once fell off of your pretty little white horse in your world of perfection. Because I will have to call you a liar.  I have even gone to counseling on a few occasions to have tried to FIND my happiness. Other option....Give up. I dare you. Guess what? That's too easy! I like a challenge. GAME ON.

Happiness is a state of mind characterized by contentment. Love, Satisfaction, Pleasure and Joy will all give you the "Happy" feeling.

Today on the morning show Scott was absent. I decided to give my listeners a little test to find out just how "happy" they were on a Friday as opposed to a Monday or Tuesday.....and the results are in! My early rainy morning SUCKED big time...I could've very easily stayed in bed for another 4 hours. Instead, I counted on my listening audience to wake ME up! It works....when you are happy, it is contagious. Its a good feeling to have, to keep, to pull out of your pocket. And when you smile (even when you are so mad and unhappy) it takes over. I have found that Feeding off of other happy people is a good drug of choice.

Getting off Medicine of any kind is hard and the Good lord knows there are plenty of people who need a little boost, a little perk, a little "help" to get through stressful times, tragedies , and difficult moments. Death, Divorce, Money problems, work, Teenagers, (5 of them) but if you put more energy into "happy" thoughts, and use your extra energy to go for a walk, a run, go to the gym, take a yoga class. just MOVE. It will do you more good than anything. Breathe. Be happy you're alive.

I have gone through alot of nonsense, that's exactly what it is...nonsense. feelings that creep up on you when you least expect them. People talking about me, me getting paranoid, me feeling lonely. It sucked.  But guess what? I win. I'm the one with the smile. I grew into "HAPPY" and Happy looks on me. Yes, we all fall down, but the strong survive. YOU CAN DO IT!

I wish you all a great weekend. Surround yourself with good people. and "Don't worry, be happy"

No comments:

Post a Comment