Thursday, February 24, 2011

COMMITMENTS...DIVORCE/MARRIAGE

Today's word choice comes from my Willpower and Grace instructor, Stacy Brown. Yesterday at Sunshine wellness I was doing a plank...just about ready to give up, and Stacy said, "make a commitment to yourself" and that word COMMITMENT made me get through that plank. I was never one to stick to much of anything, one of those start a project and then 2 weeks later brush it under the carpet and hope it just goes away.

Commitments are needed in friendships, work, families and here we go.......MARRIAGE.

As many of you know or do not know I am divorced and re-married. Growing up I knew I one day wanted to get married and I knew divorce would NEVER be in my vocabulary. I really wanted to make a commitment, I was 23. Glenn was 28. Our first five years were great. 2 healthy, beautiful children. Commitment. We moved to Reading. There were alot of highs and lows. We separated, we got back together, and things would never be the same. I changed. He remained the same. We grew up, but not together. Not quite the same thought process. He will always remain my friend, or at least I like to think so. We will always have one Commitment together and that is our children. We hurt one another.  It took  a long while to forgive myself for how things turned out.  I am divorced for 3 years now. I really wish I could have shown my children what a commitment was, but some things you cant change.

I met my current husband when I was not looking, but I was searching for the one thing I needed. Security, dedication, a love you only dream of, and I wanted Commitment. I think we found each other. Not at the best time of our lives, and not at the right time. But, it happened.

Commitment, Dedication, Loyalty. All those things I not only have in my marriage with John. But I have them with my family, my friends, my employer, my body, and most importantly and above all my faith.

1 comment: