Tuesday, September 27, 2011

My Friends RUN!!

It goes back to when I first moved to Berks County.....I needed something to keep me sane..it had been a few years, but I missed running. Not racing, just going out for a jog to make me feel as though I had accomplished something and get my juices flowing. It did a little more than that, and for those of you that run, trot, jog...whatever, you know what I'm talking about. My endorphins go WILD. My husband enjoys every little bit of it and encourages me to run, whenever the time lets me and my body says "go"

I trained for a half marathon in Bermuda with Team in Training for the Leukemia and Lymphoma society. It was one of the greatest things I had ever done on my own.

I introduced running to my friend Dena...she took the bull by the horns and was determined to run her own half marathon in Virginia with my other friend Kim..I was supposed to Run with them, however a week prior to the race I gave blood and no one told me that you could not donate blood and run, ( I let out the fact that I passed out while giving blood)  Dena's knee gave out but she continued the race and finished, a half hour later we had her at the hospital in Va. and she came home on crutches..but had that medal around her neck. She ended up having knee surgery. Her running days were numbered. Kim continued meeting me at Grings Mill.

Grings Mill...the perfect spot to run with my husband while we dated...we didn't get much running in because we would stop at every tree to kiss. So, we turned over to bike riding instead!

Through the years I have had many different running partners. Michelle Dallago..It seemed every time we got into the groove she would tell me that her and Rich were having a baby!
Kim ...some days we have it, some days we don't!

2 of my friends who I never in a billion years thought would lace up their sneakers and RUN....Heather Smith, and Becky Holland.

Heather and Becky will be doing their very first 5k with me in October..Its so exciting to encourage one another. I have a nice little pack of runners for that day, yes we will all have our different paces. Its going to be fun and we are running the KYLE PAGERLY MEMORIAL 5k  Colette, Kim, Becky, Heather...Good Luck, wait for me at the finish line.

Mike Coyle.. Thank you for always encouraging me, Mike Dicello..seeing you run in Pottsville for the past 40 years is always a great incentive  and Joe Muldowny your book  RUNNING SHORTS  kicks ass. Beth Franco, for years you have been such great support and have always made me envy the way you take such pride in all of your runs and races. You are a blessing!!!!

You don't have to run fast...or run marathons..but trust me the minute you start "jogging" you will ask yourself why you haven't done it sooner!

Hey Becky...are you ready to run tonight???

No comments:

Post a Comment