Sunday, September 11, 2011

End of a weekend...

The day begins with a prayer, just something simple so we may never have to go through the devistation as some did on 9/11 ten years ago. It begins with giving those who had lost their lives a thumbs up for being our heros and never being forgotten. It begins with watching all of those recordings from friends and family members who knew those individuals who were on the planes and New York  10 years ago.

I woke up for an early cup of coffee for a reason...to reflect. In silence, but also to get some distraction.

I did just that with a 40 minute ride to Pottsville, to run a race with one of my closest high school friends. Michelle Dallago.  We made plans to run the Sol-Lipton race. A 5k. We had not run together in 25 years. It was awesome. i got to see alot of great people there and have some good laughs...even brought home some hardware.

In closing, for those of you who took part in the status about the situation at church (not mine) yesterday.  thank you for your opinions. The Church is GOD's house, a priest or Monsignor are not GOD. I applaud my parents, my husband, Aunt Ellenor, my children and my friends for understanding how I felt. what it comes down to is there are people in my life who pick me up when Im down , listen when I need friend, have supported my marriage, gave me strength when I needed it no  matter what was going on. In other words you dont just sit around and WAIT to attack.  But when you dont have too much more in life to do, I suppose you feel the need to make someone as miserable as you must be.


There is so much more to the story...but in light of what we all remember for today I shall give more moments of silence where silence is deserved. I don't really enjoy the attack, on anyone. ever. Life is too short. Try and be happy, or at least happy for others.

Peace be with you.

jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment