Wednesday, November 30, 2011

See you later FACEBOOK

December 31st I will not say good-bye, but just a farewell to my Facebook Friends and Family. So I am able to give fair warning  and prepare myself for the many hours of FB rehab I will have to endure.

I have chosen to let go of FB for one year. I am so easy to find. jackie@wrfy.com is your instant connection to me.

I have found FB to be time consuming, fun, a way to make people smile, piss people off, spy on my kids, erase people from my personal life with one click of  a delete button and add a friend to enjoy my daily experiences and let me in on theirs.

My husband doubts me that I can make it an entire 24 hours let alone a year without facebook. This is where I find enjoyment in proving him wrong but yet making time on the couch a little cozier for him because my hands wont be on my blackberry checking Greg Millers status. Or Rebecca Hollands check in. I will miss Heather Steinbergers workouts, sister you gave me alot of motivation. I will miss pictures being posted and invites.

I intend to Read more, Pray more, and eat less...focus on my well being, My awesome husband, and my mini adults..( my kids that are growing way to fast)

Its time. long overdue...but  I will be back...and I intend to have FACEBOOK FUN until DECEMBER 31st

5 comments:

  1. Good for you!! Let us know how the praying goes....I need a few prays! ;)

    Hope to meet you for lunch one of these days! Maybe one of the 365 days.....!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems strange?!? The all in one place perspective that Facebook offers can be very beneficial. But, I know where you are coming from, because I had to do this to TWITTER a few months ago. Keep in touch! I have tried to subscribe to blogs, but for some reason I never get the notices?!? Keep doing what your doing - be true to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All this time I thought you hung on my every word! I would say I'll miss you but I listen to you all the time like I always have! - ANDY NATALIE

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kudos to dropping Facebook, and good luck in your journey to blog for 365 straight days. If you haven't tried something like this before, let me be the first to say that it is going to be challenging. I tried (and accomplished) it back in 2010 when I attempted to learn something new each day of the year. My blog was called 365 Things in 365 Days: http://365things-in-365days.blogspot.com/. I did it partially for me, and partially for my kids, who loved to hear over dinner what I learned each day. It was quite rewarding when I posted for the 365th time. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete